Fingerless Sock Mittens!

Hello world!

As you can see, I’ve started a new category called Crafts. Why? Because I have crafts to share with you so that we can all become more awesome!

Today’s craft is going to be how to make your very own… SOCK GLOVES!

My Slytherin Sock gloves!
My Slytherin Sock gloves!

Obviously, the first pair I made were Slytherin colours, and next I am going to make Gryfindor and Hufflepuff gloves later.

So, the first thing that you want to do is get a pair of long socks from a nearby Dollar Store, because they are cheapest there. I got mine at Dollarama.

There are so many choices for types of socks! I got these ones because I just liked the style. But you could use fluffy, or anything else you want because this pattern is totally flexible to whatever fabric you have, as long as you have good fabric scissors.

Ravenclaw colours!
Ravenclaw colours!

What You Need:

1. Fabric scissors
  2. Lots of socks!

And that’s literally it! No sewing involved!

How You Make Them:

1. Cut your long socks in half, unless you want gloves that go up to your elbows.image
  2. Then, take the top half and cut the toe out of your sock, unless you want mittens.image
  3. After that, cut a small, straight line through the heel of the sock, and try it on!
  4. On the bottom half of you sock that you cut off, slide it on. Then mark, with whatever you have handy, a straight line where your thumb is.
  5. Then take it off, and cut along the line.
  6. Do the same thing to your other sock, and there! You have two pairs of fingerless mittens!image

I hope you try this super easy craft! As said before, they are super cheap and fun to make, and guess what? You can make really easy profit from selling these…Just saying…

By the way, I took all these photos myself, so I apologize if they aren’t very good.

Live Long and Fangirl!
~Chantal <3

10 Replies to “Fingerless Sock Mittens!”

1. Hello Chantal,
    Thanks for all your awesome comments! I don’t know why you keep putting loads of “!”. I did not know that Bill and Mad Eye are related in real life, that’s such a cool fact to know, thanks! Yes, I did actually go to “The Making of Harry Potter” and it was so awesome! I really suggest that you go there! Some of the sets and scenes that they filmed with were there! My dad stood next to one of the giant chess pieces, he looked really funny and small! Did you try out “The Sorting Hat”? If you did what house did you get sorted into?
    Thanks again for commenting,
    Sincerely, Abbie

1. Hi Abbie!
      Thanks for commenting back! You’re awesome. I did take the Sorting Hat Quiz, and I got Hufflepuff. Which is a little strange, since I got Gryffindor in the Pottermore quiz. I guess I’ve changed a bit.
      You got to see the chess set? That’s my favourite part of the entire first book and movie! i’d give anything to visit that place, but I can’t because I my family doesn’t have enough money.
      Did you take lots of pictures? Can I see them?
      Thanks again for visiting my blog Abbie! I really appreciate it.
      ~Chantal <3

2. Hi Chantal,
    I love these sock mittens. Do you think you can make lots and sell them? I like your blog design as it is very appealing! You can come visit my blog at http://bloggingwithmia04.edublogs.org/
    -Mia

1. Hi Mia,
      I’m glad that you like this post! You probably could make the sock gloves and sell them. Since I am a Harry Potter fan, I love playing Quidditch, so I make Quidditch gloves for my team and myself.
      I like my theme too! Although, I might have to change it because it doesn’t show my different pages.
      Thanks for visiting my blog!

~Chantal <3

3. Hi Chantal
    I am so going to try it but I am going to try little socks with ruffles on the edge 🙂 I am going to have to wait till after school.
    TTYL
    Hana

1. Hi Hana!
      I’m glad you like this craft! I’m going to do something called Twelve Days of Crafts. It’s going to be awesome!
      I can’t wait to see your version of the Sock Gloves!
      TTYL
      ~Chantal <3

4. Hi Chantal! My name is Manya. I go to West Ridge Middle School which is in Texas. I really like you blog! You are such a great writer! I especially liked this post! I am all about crafts, so this post was really cool. That’s really creative to make something– like a sock– into something chic. I can’t wait to read more of your posts!

Be sure to check out my blog at
    http://edublogs.eanesisd.net/manya8352021/

1. Hi Manya!
      Thank you so much for reading my post! Coincidentally, I’m wearing the same sock mittens now, that are in the post.
      I’m glad that you liked my idea! I literally make new gloves every time I wear out a pair of nice socks, because you only need half of it!
      Thanks for commenting! It means a lot to me.

~Chantal <3

5. Dear Chantal,

My name is Naho, and I am from the group blog HMS ELA in Hawaii. I was looking through lots of posts, and your post caught my attention. Did you come up with the fingerless sock mittens? They are so amazing, and I want to make my own now. However, it’s really warm in Hawaii, so I can only use it when it’s cold (but, it’s okay, I will still wear them). Thank you for telling us about how to make these fingerless sock mittens. Comment on my blog at

http://hongwanjimissionschool.edublogs.org

Thank you,
    Naho

1. Hi Naho!
      Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Hawaii is so cool, I can’t believe that’s where you’re from! I did come up with the fingerless sock idea, but I’m sure others have thought of it before me. But yes, it is from my own brain!
      Question, how hot does it get in Hawaii? I mean, I know it is hot, but I’ve never really known how hot.
      I am absolutely going to comment on your blog.
      Thanks again!
      ~Chantal <3